XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.HUA Chain Group is the most professional manufacturer of power transmission in China, manufacturing roller chains, industry sprockets, motorcycle sprockets, casting sprockets, different type of couplings, pulleys, taper bushes, locking devices, gears, shafts, CNC precision parts and so on. We have passed ISO9001, ISO14001, TS16949 such quality and enviroment certification.
Coupling Structure: 2 casting parts, 1 rubber gasket.
Coupling Max. Input Power: 60HP/45KW
Coupling Matched Shaft dia.: 7mm–75mm
Feature: According to the picture
1. Max torque: 125KG-M
2. Casting material, precision casting,
3. Steady, low noise on working.
4. According to GB9439, safety, reliable.
5. Coupling type
Ml1 ML2 ML3 ML4 ML5 ML6 ML7 ML8 M9L ML10 ML11 ML12 ML13
We are professional manufacture of NM coupling, we can supply coupling made by brass, SS, aluminum, steel, PP, Nylon.
Pls contact to us on free, if you need catalogue or have any questions.
|Product name||ML-type Plum-type Flexible Coupling|
|Materials Available||1. Stainless Steel: SS201, SS303, SS304, SS316, SS416, SS420|
|2. Steel:C45(K1045), C46(K1046),C20|
|3. Brass:C36000 ( C26800), C37700 ( HPb59), C38500( HPb58), C27200(CuZn37), C28000(CuZn40)|
|4. Bronze: C51000, C52100, C54400, etc|
|5. Iron: 1213, 12L14,1215|
|6. Aluminum: Al6061, Al6063|
|7.OEM according to your request|
|Surface Treatment||Annealing, natural anodization, heat treatment, polishing, nickel plating, chrome plating, znic plating,yellow passivation, gold passivation, satin, Black surface painted etc.|
|Products Available||sprockt chains, pulley, shafts(axles, spline shafts, dart shafts),gears (pinions, wheels gear rack) bearing, bearing seat, bushing, coupling, lock assembly etc.|
|Processing Method||CNC machining, punch,turning, milling, drilling, grinding, broaching, welding and assembly|
|QC :||Technicians self-check in production,final-check before package by professional Quality inspector|
|Package||Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or as per customized specifications|
|Certificate||ISO9001:2008 , ISO14001:2001,ISO/TS 16949:2009|
|Advantage||Quality first Service superior , Advanced equipment,Experienced workers,Perfect testing equipment|
|Lead Time||15-25days samples. 30-45days offcial order|
What are the common installation mistakes to avoid when using flexible couplings?
Proper installation is crucial for the reliable and efficient performance of flexible couplings. Here are some common installation mistakes to avoid:
- Incorrect Alignment: One of the most critical installation errors is improper alignment of the driving and driven shafts. Misalignment can lead to premature wear, increased vibration, and reduced power transmission efficiency. It is essential to align the shafts within the specified tolerances provided by the coupling manufacturer.
- Over-Tightening: Applying excessive torque to the coupling’s fasteners during installation can cause damage to the flexible elements and decrease their ability to accommodate misalignment. It is essential to follow the recommended torque values provided by the coupling manufacturer to ensure proper clamping without over-tightening.
- Improper Lubrication: Some flexible couplings may require lubrication of their flexible elements or moving parts. Failure to lubricate as recommended can lead to increased friction, wear, and reduced service life of the coupling.
- Using Damaged Couplings: Before installation, it is crucial to inspect the flexible coupling for any signs of damage or defects. Using a damaged coupling can lead to premature failure and potential safety hazards. If any damage is detected, the coupling should be replaced with a new one.
- Wrong Coupling Selection: Selecting the wrong type or size of the coupling for the application can result in inadequate performance, premature wear, and possible coupling failure. It’s essential to consider factors such as torque requirements, speed, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions when choosing the appropriate coupling.
- Ignoring Operating Conditions: Failure to consider the specific operating conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to corrosive substances, can lead to accelerated wear and reduced coupling lifespan. Choosing a coupling that is compatible with the operating environment is essential.
- Ignoring Manufacturer Guidelines: Each flexible coupling comes with specific installation guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Ignoring these guidelines can lead to suboptimal performance and potential safety issues. It is crucial to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions during installation.
By avoiding these common installation mistakes and following best practices, the reliability, efficiency, and service life of flexible couplings can be maximized, leading to improved performance of the mechanical system as a whole.
How does a flexible coupling help in torque and rotational speed control?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in torque and rotational speed control in rotating machinery. It offers several benefits that contribute to efficient power transmission and help maintain desired operating conditions:
- Torque Transmission: Flexible couplings transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignments. They provide a reliable connection that allows the driving shaft to transfer rotational force (torque) to the driven shaft without causing undue stress on the connected components.
- Smooth Power Transmission: Flexible couplings help reduce shocks and vibrations that can occur during startup, shutdown, or sudden load changes. By damping these vibrations, the coupling ensures smooth power transmission and protects the connected equipment from unnecessary wear.
- Rotational Speed Control: In certain applications, especially those involving precision motion control, maintaining consistent rotational speed is critical. Flexible couplings can help by minimizing backlash and torsional wind-up. Backlash refers to the play or gap between the coupling’s components, while torsional wind-up is the twisting deformation that can occur under torque load. Flexible couplings with low backlash and high torsional stiffness contribute to accurate rotational speed control.
- Compensation for Misalignment: Rotating machinery may experience misalignment due to various factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or machining tolerances. Flexible couplings accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, which helps in maintaining proper alignment between the shafts and reduces unnecessary torque variations.
- Protection from Overloads: Flexible couplings can act as a mechanical fuse by disengaging or slipping when subjected to excessive torque loads. This feature protects the connected components from damage caused by sudden overloads or jamming events.
- Energy Efficiency: Certain types of flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings or beam couplings, have low mass and inertia. This characteristic reduces energy losses and contributes to overall system efficiency.
By providing reliable torque transmission, smooth power transfer, rotational speed control, and compensation for misalignment, flexible couplings optimize the performance and longevity of rotating machinery. Additionally, they enhance the safety and efficiency of various industrial processes by protecting equipment from excessive loads and ensuring smooth operation in diverse applications.
How does a flexible coupling affect the noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in controlling noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system. It can significantly impact the overall smoothness and quietness of the system’s operation, contributing to enhanced performance and reduced wear on connected components.
Flexible couplings help reduce noise in a mechanical system through their inherent ability to dampen vibrations. When the shafts of rotating machinery are not perfectly aligned, it can lead to vibrations that are transmitted throughout the system, resulting in noise generation. The elastomeric or flexible element of the coupling acts as a vibration dampener, absorbing and dissipating these vibrations. As a result, the noise levels in the system are reduced, creating a quieter operating environment.
Vibrations in a mechanical system can lead to increased wear and tear on critical components, such as bearings, seals, and gears. Excessive vibrations can also cause resonance and damage to the system over time. Flexible couplings can effectively dampen vibrations by acting as a buffer between the driving and driven shafts. The flexible element absorbs the shock and vibrations, preventing them from propagating to other parts of the system. This vibration damping capability not only reduces noise but also protects the system from potential mechanical failures, extending the lifespan of the equipment.
Misalignment between shafts is a common cause of vibration and noise in rotating machinery. Flexible couplings excel at compensating for both angular and parallel misalignment. By accommodating misalignment, the coupling reduces the forces acting on the shafts and minimizes the generation of vibrations and noise. Proper alignment through the use of a flexible coupling ensures that the system operates smoothly and quietly.
Effect on Equipment Reliability:
Reducing noise and vibration levels has a positive impact on the reliability of connected equipment. Lower vibrations mean less stress on bearings and other rotating components, leading to extended component life and reduced maintenance requirements. A quieter operating environment can also be essential for certain applications, such as in laboratories or precision manufacturing processes, where excessive noise can interfere with delicate tasks or measurements.
Flexible couplings find application in a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, power generation, material handling, automotive, aerospace, and robotics. They are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other rotating machinery where noise and vibration control are critical for smooth and reliable operation.
A flexible coupling’s ability to reduce noise and dampen vibrations makes it an essential component in mechanical systems. By compensating for misalignment and providing vibration dampening properties, the flexible coupling enhances the overall system performance, reduces noise levels, and protects connected equipment from excessive wear and mechanical failures. Choosing the right type of flexible coupling based on the specific application requirements can have a significant impact on noise reduction and vibration control in the mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-08-10